Managing your email list is essential for successful sales email finder marketing campaigns – but keeping it up-to-date and error-free can be challenging.
When you work in email marketing, frequent cleanup is a must. Unfortunately, manually managing your email list is tedious and inaccurate due to a lack of time and resources.
A high-quality email list cleaning tool can make this process much more efficient, ensuring you send emails only to the right people with current and valid information.
With so many options available in today’s market, it can be challenging to know which features are essential and which ones are not, especially when each service offers varying features at different price points.
Before you choose one, read on to the winning features of a good email list cleaning tool for any business.
4 Features Look in Email Listing Cleaning Tool
1. Removing invalid email addresses
All successful marketers want their campaigns to arrive in the inbox of their prospects.
About 20% of commercial e-mails worldwide fail to reach their intended targets’ inboxes (source). So, it’s understandable why most marketers want that.
An all-rounder email list cleaner must do more than just clean up the invalid accounts. If you’re looking for one, be sure it also removes other unnecessary emails, such as:
- Abuse emails – These are held by persons who label their messages as spam.
- Temporary emails – These are junk email addresses that don’t last long. These emails automatically destroy themselves after a limited period.
- Spam traps – They identify and block spammers.
- Role-based emails – Instead of individuals, groups handle these emails.
2. Real-time email validation API
This feature helps you resume emailing and gives your campaigns a better chance of reaching the inbox.
Consider it an intermediary that allows two applications to communicate with one another. In this situation, the API enables the email list cleaning program to interface with the platform used to gather email addresses.
As a result, the system can validate accounts in real-time as people register to guarantee they are legitimate.
Real-time email validation offers various advantages and can help to avoid many problems with bot accounts:
- It prevents fraudulent accounts from being created using invalid email addresses.
- It assists your loyal buyers in correcting email address mistakes at the right time.
- You can protect your sending reputation and enhance deliverability rates by eliminating bounces.
3. Quick and easy to use
With just a few clicks, you can use email cleaning tools to swiftly analyze, archive, and delete emails in bulk.
These tools should be compatible with your email service provider that uses IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol), a standard technique for accessing and storing messages on a mail server.
Some tools also provide a one-click unsubscribe button, allowing you to eliminate future list emails without combing through them one by one.
Look for features that include notifying via text message, voice call, or push notification. You can configure it to look for a specific subject or an incoming email address, such as that of an investor or a significant client.
Moreover, the tool should be easily accessible via any browser, including mobile browsers.
4. Foolproof data security
Consider tools that keep your information highly secure. For example, B2B sales depend highly on their massive database.
That’s why data privacy is vital to discuss with your email validation experts before you pay for their software. Your email validation service will need access to your database’s email addresses to verify them.
- Check if they are a reputable organization, and ask whether they have an enterprise-level security system.
- Also, enquire about the company’s adherence to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- If the vendor is a CSA-accredited email marketing sender and a member of the Direct Marketing Association, you may trust them.
Choosing the right email list cleaning tool can transform your business operations. Therefore, ensuring that your email list remains clean and up-to-date is essential.
It should also provide 24/7 support if any issues arise while using the service. By selecting a feature-rich and secure email list cleaning tool, you can rest assured that all your emails are valid and deliverable, with fewer bounces and higher engagement metrics.